CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

March 3, 2009

Guess What?

I peed on a stick
And what do you know!
In three or four months
I'll be starting to show!

Shocking isn't it!

We were shocked to find out that we were pregnant. Kelly and I had been talking about having another baby at the end of last year, but then decided that we should wait until the summer to try. The thought of having a winter baby is terrifying to me.

At the beginning of February, I got to thinking about when I'd had my last period... and I couldn't remember. On the 10th, I finally when and looked at the calendar to see if something I had written on there would trigger my memory. I realized that the last time I remembered being on my period was at the end of December. When my Mom was in the hospital and I stayed with her I remembered having to pack provisions. The feelings that came over me at that moment were overwhelming.

I told Kelly and he kept telling me over and over again that I'd probably start the next day, because with my schedule, you really never know. I knew the minute I'd realized it. There were definitely signs, and yet, I ignored them up until that point. I told Kelly that I thought I should go and take a pregnancy test. His responded by saying, "Well that's a waste of money. You're not pregnant."

I did it anyway. And sure enough it was positive! I was shaking and walked out into the living room to show Kelly... and guess what... he still didn't believe me. He was in such denial, that he got on the computer and researched the pregnancy test to try and prove me wrong. Well as you're aware now. He didn't succeed. After a minute or two of silence, he turned around to face me, sitting on the floor in our entryway still shaking in disbelief. He said congratulations and that he was excited. It was a very exciting night, and I am still in shock.

We had an ultrasound done on the 23rd of February to "count babies" because my HCG levels were higher than normal. And after having twins, the chances of having multiples again are greater. There was only one baby viable on the ultrasound, and my measurements show that this little bundle of joy will be joining our family in early October. My official due date is October 3.

13 comments:

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!

derbs said...

congratulations !!

Cheryl and Dave said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty and Emily said...

Yay, Hum! I can't wait!

Lacey said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting.

Erwin and Michelle said...

That's very exciting. Congrats Christy!! :) You get to join the ranks of three kids, like me. Yay, I won't be alone.

Veena said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Congratulations! That's so funny how Kelly didn't believe it at first. It sounds like a scene from a movie.

*Jane Lee* said...

YAY! We'll be prego's together!! :)

Kari said...

Yay Christy! So excited for you! Hopefully there isn't another one in there hiding! ;) But 2 aren't that bad...right?! hehe

Jason and Tawni said...

Woo Hoo GiRlFRieND!!! I am so happy to hear your great news, that is amazing! I love that story about Kelly and his denial, typical man huh? Never trusting the gut instincts of the women. Oh well, some things never change. I can't believe you are pregnant, I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo thrilled!

Kim Shirley said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys. I have to say that I loved having an Oct. baby, and YAHOOO for Goldman benefits.

Alison Ward said...

How exciting!!! congrats!!! and after your "new addition" post even :) I'd say that's the perfect time to be pregnant, not big in the summer, not in the middle of winter, perfect timing!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

Congratulations! I guess that means no yoga for a while.