CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 10, 2010

Thankful

Every night after we get the kids ready for bed we always sing a few songs and then let each of the boys say their own prayers with us in the family room.  The night before last Carter was saying his prayer and he said, "thank you for the resurrection and thank you that Jesus could live again."  Neither Kelly or I prompted him to say it, he did it all on his own.  I was instantly in tears.  It was so sweet.  I wonder every day if the boys really understand and know the importance of the things we teach them about the gospel.  In this instance, it proved to me that they don't need to fully understand all of it.  They feel the spirit just like we do and through that they can understand that it's important.  Important enough that they should thank our Heavenly Father for it.  I am so thankful for my family and the opportunity I have to be a mother.  I learn every day from my boys and I can honestly say that my testimony has grown because of their sweet examples.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Such a sweet moment. :)
Thanks for sharing.