CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 21, 2008

The Best Ever Valentines Date

Valentines Day this year was the best ever. In years past Kelly and I would always just exchange a small gift and I would usually get some flowers and that was about it. Just enough to say we celebrated it, but never went to the extreme.

Well this year was different. With Kelly working so much as of late, we weren't able to celebrate on the 14th. Instead we celebrated on the 16th, a Saturday, which I think made it even better. I was joking around with Kelly and telling him that he better plan something amazing this year because of all the time he's been at work. Never in a million years expecting anything at all. Not even really the usual, like in years past.


Well, Kelly told me a few days before Valentines Day that he had planned something, but that we would have to do it on Saturday. I was excited, but didn't really think anything of it. He didn't tell me what we were doing, and I didn't ask. The only thing he said was that I should wear a dress. I guess I figured that if he really had planned something big, that I wanted it to be a surprise.


So Friday night my cute friend Shauna and I had a little girls night out and had facials, and then shopped a little in the University Mall. I tried on a few dresses and Shauna was totally honest with her opinions, THANK YOU, and I found a really cute dress to wear.


Saturday came and I knew that I needed to be ready to go by 5. Well as it turns out, we were running late because we had my Aunt's College graduation that morning. Then we all went to lunch, and then Kelly had to go to work and try and catch up on a few things. The boys and I went with him and just walked around and waited while he finished up.


Needless to say, we were at the office longer than he had anticipated and therefore running late. By the time we got home and I got ready it was a little after 6 and he was a little panicked. My brother-in-law Greg was so nice and watched the boys for us that night, and we ran out the door.


I still had no clue where we were going or what we were doing. So as we were driving up to Salt Lake I kept guessing things. It was fun not knowing. Kelly got off the freeway at the 6th South exit and I started getting excited. I couldn't decide if we were going to Abravanel Hall or perhaps the Capital Theater, or somewhere totally different.


Once Kelly turned onto 200 South I knew where we were going... The Capital Theater. As he was finding a place to park I noticed signs up for Cinderella. Yes, that's right... he was taking me to see Ballet West's Cinderella. I was freaking out with excitement!!


The ballet was wonderful. The ugly step-sisters were played by men, Jason Linsley & Christopher Ruud. They were fabulous! The whole audience was roaring with laughter watching them. Needless to say it was not the Disney version. It was a lot more light hearted and comical, yet still had the fairy tale romance that we all love.


After the ballet we were both starving so we went over to the Gateway and had dinner at a great Italian restaurant called Biaggi's. The food was fabulous! If you haven't gone there, you need to. Our waiter was so great too. He even recognized Kelly from the bank, and he hasn't been there in over a year and a half. I was impressed.


Overall, it was a fabulous night. But that's not all. As a gift to me in addition to the ballet and dinner, Kelly took Tuesday and Wednesday off work. With Monday being a holiday we had 5 days with him. I couldn't have asked for more.


Thank you so much Kelly for the best Valentines Day ever. I love you so much and appreciate all the time you put into planning this great night.

3 comments:

miller family said...

i'm so glad you had such a great valentine's! and, i'm completely jealous. i wanted to take bree to see that:)

Jason and Tawni said...

WOW! Kelly scored some MAJOR points for his Valentine's Day surprise. What a thoughful and sweet idea! I can only imagine your excitement and your delight to know that a) Kelly took the time to think of a great surprise b) he actually went to a play c) and he took time off work to be home with you and the boys ... I am raging with jealously! JK By the way, girl, you look great! All nice and skinny! Great pictures!

Jason and Marie said...

Okay, so do you have any suggestions for passing along that kind of idea to my husand? That sounds better that anything I could come up with..impressive! Hope all is well.