CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 11, 2008

I never knew just how much fun a FedEx envelope could be...

Every now and again, the boys and I will go with Kelly up to his work on a Saturday and hang out for a little bit while he finishes up some things. This was the case here. Kelly was taking a couple of days off work and wanted to finish up a couple of things. We were all in Salt Lake and so I decided that we would just go with him and hang out until he was done.

I figured it would take him 30 - 45 minutes, an hour at the most. Well an hour passed, Kelly still wasn't done, and the boys were sick of walking around the halls with me. I didn't bring anything for them to play with (my mistake), just their drinks and some snacks. Finding things that they could actually play with in an office was a hard thing to do. Think about it... what would you give your 21 month old child to play with?

This is what we came up with...

FedEx envelopes that had been thrown away. They were in the shread bins and were not dirty from being in a normal garbage can, so we figured it would be alright. They were more than alright. The boys loved them! They thought it was so funny to put them on their heads and throw them in the air or onto the ground. They laughed and laughed at each other. It was hilarious!!

So next time that you're stuck at the office with your husband or wife with nothing to do, remember the FexEx envelopes. They were a life savor!

4 comments:

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!!! It looks like the FedEx envelopes definitely saved the day!

Erwin and Michelle said...

I'll have to remember the FedEx envelope... who would have thunk it. We totally need to have a get together soon. It's been way to long sense I've had a good girls day out, with laughter and fun. Let me know when you have time. I'm always ready for a play date. ~Chelle

Jason and Tawni said...

Now there is a reason that I could maybe handle the idea of having twins. They are great entertainment for each other! Those envelopes were a total hit! I love their mohawks, and I can't believe how grown up they look. I remember when you guys came down here in September 2006 and they were still babies asleep in their carseats and unaware of the world that surrounded them. Now they are such big boys! Time flies when you are a mother! Anyways, I love the pictures and I will remember the FedEx envelope for the days when Stella is old enough to know what the heck that is!

Jason and Tawni said...

That is so funny that you know Wendy Condie! It is such a small world!