CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

June 8, 2008

We're in BIG Trouble...

Last week Kim, Abby & Ian came over to play. Kim and I were working on a scrapbook layout for our scrapbook club, and the kids were running around, playing with toys, and watching shows. It was great. Everyone was getting along, no one had been crying, it was a perfect play day. Or so I thought. I should have known that it was too good to be true.

Landon, Carter, and Abby, had been playing back in the boys room for a while. When all of a sudden Landon comes out and says, "Hi Mommy" with brown marker all over his face and feet. I immediately got up from the table and walked down the hall towards the bedrooms, knowing what I might find.

You see, I had used a brown marker a few days prior to write in a card, and left it on my night stand. Sure enough, I walk into my bedroom, and they've colored all over my bedspread, pillows, and themselves. I freaked, and I think I heard Kim's heart stop as she walked into the room behind me.

I surprisingly was pretty calm. Kim immediately felt bad, knowing that Abby had probably been involved. Don't get me wrong, I was upset... but for some strange reason at that point in time, I just thought to myself, it's ok. What's done is done.

Kim went and found the marker in the boys bedroom, where luckily they hadn't colored on anything. We put them all in Time Out, and proceeded to pull off my bead spread and the pillows to see if we could get it out. Kim scrubbed my pillow shams really good and it mostly came out of them. The bedspread however we tried and tried scrubbing, and it lightened the ink, but we couldn't get it completely out.
Landon in Time Out
Carter in Time Out
Abby in Time Out... It cracks me up that even
through she knew she was in trouble and in
Time Out she still cheesed it up for the camera.

I even called a dry cleaner in the area, and he was honest with me and said he could try and get it out, but there's a 90% chance that it wouldn't all come out. Especially because of the material it was made out of. So, we quit trying to scrub it out too.

Although, I was mad at the kids. I can't help but put it on my shoulders. Had I not left the marker on my night stand, this would have never happened. Maybe that's why I didn't freak out, who knows. I guess overall it was a good learning lesson for me, and I proved to myself, that I can stay calm even when I am super mad at the kids for doing something so bad.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Good for you for "getting over the mess"!!!!!! It's about time you posting something new on your blog.

Alison Ward said...

I would have FLIPPED! and said some not very nice words I think. Although sometimes it's the small stuff that bugs us the most, at least me, and the big stuff like you said, what's done is done. Good job being calm. STill, very cute kids even when they're stinkers. Miss you guys at painting!

Kari said...

oh no!! I have been trying to get dry erase marker off my girls pillows and sheets. I'm not sure which one did it, but there are some stick people drawn all over one of the sheets. I have tried so many different stain removers and nothing has worked. I decided I'd just put that sheet on the top bunk, no one will see it! lol

so how long did it take the twin shock to wear off? ;)

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Christy I can't believe how big your boys are getting! I'm just learning how mischievousness comes along with age .... you're better than I am at keeping your patience!

Jason and Tawni said...

My anxiety level rose to new heights as I read your marker story ... Ahhhh, I am already not thrilled about the time when Stella becomes mobile and gets all mischevious on me. That age will be so much fun but man you have to watch those kids 24/7. Landon and Carter look so good and it is fun to see them and how they have grown into their individual looks, they are just too cute and you are one patient woman!!!!

Marty and Emily said...

If it helps (probably not) hairspray is what we used to get Brynn's beautiful artwork off of the couch, but pens and markers are two very different things, as are sheets and a couch...so...I guess all I can say is I'm SO sorry! I know I have to kind of expect these things now that I have a little kiddie around, but it's still crappy when it happens....