CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 28, 2008

Camping in the Uinta's

Last weekend we loaded up the van and headed for the mountains. Kelly took Thursday and Friday off work, and we thought it would be fun to try and take the boys camping for the first time. We camped in the Uinta's above Heber and Timber Lakes with Morgan and Jordan. It was so much fun. The area we camped in was beautiful! There were quakees and pine trees and even a little brook that ran through our campground. We took the boys for a walk down the road where the brook crossed and let them play in the water. They threw rocks and waded in the water, of course Landon sat down in it and Carter even managed to squat and get his little bum a little wet too. There was no one around us and I loved how peaceful it was. Hearing the light wind rustle the leaves on the trees and seeing the clear blue skies, it was bliss! One morning Jordan was shooting his guns and scared a moose out into the open. It was so cool to watch it slowly cross the field a little ways away from us. It stopped every now and again to eat a little and eventually went into the trees and out of sight. It was so great, and the boys loved watching it with us. We tried cooking a couple meals in dutch ovens, but never seemed to get the coals hot enough for our food to actually cook, so we ended up cooking on the open fire. It was awesome! The second day we were there, Dustin and his family came up and camped too. The boys played with their cousin Trae, and had the best time. They got into the dirt and soot from where we'd tried cooking with the dutch ovens, and got filthy dirty. I couldn't believe it! The boys were having so much fun playing, that I couldn't stop them. They were throwing it and loading up their dump trucks, and I'm sure they thought they were in heaven. They giggled and laughed as they played for hours. I loved watching them. Landon, Carter and I even had a little demolition derby on their big wheels. I sat down on Carters and bumped Landon's while he was on it, and he cracked up. He thought it was hilarious. It was pretty funny, we did it a couple of times and then Carter wanted in on it too, so I sat him on the handlebars and we "crashed" a couple more times until he wanted his bike back. This trip was so needed, and I am so happy that we finally went. I never thought I could have as much fun as we did camping with 2 year old's, but I was wrong and I can't wait to do it again.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had fun. I'm still not ready to camp, but maybe next year I'll be brave. I know Bailey would love it. I just need to get over my camping phobia. Your boys are so stinkin' cute.

Evelyn said...

i thought you two might enjoy this blog...well, at least kelly might appreciate this: http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com/2008/07/breaking-dawn-spoof-part-i.html

It's a parody on Breaking Dawn. Hee hee.

kamikae said...

How fun, and Landon and Carter are so cute! I love watching them play in your yard.