CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn. . . I LOVED IT!

So last weekend, I was completely no help to my family. Luckily my darling husband realized that I would be this way and prepared himself for it... for the most part. All because I had my nose and mind completely stuck in BREAKING DAWN!!



**Spoiler Alert**

I have to admit, it was nothing that I expected. A baby??? WHAT??? I never saw that coming. I guess I should admit, I had thought about her missing out on such an amazing experience in life, but I never could have dreamed that Bella could have a baby with Edward. I am however happy that she did. What an amazing experience for them both!

I at first wasn't so thrilled about reading from Jacob's POV and really wanted to skip over it, but I am so glad that I didn't. For me, not having been a fan of Jacob in the other books, reading his thoughts and feelings gave me a whole new feeling about him. I am so glad that Stephanie did that. I feel like I have a better understanding of him and I actually am ok with him now. Though... I still have a hard time with him imprinting on Renesme. That was a little much to take in, but I can see how it made things in the long run easier for Bella.

In the end, I was really wanting an epic battle, and was a little disappointed about that. Stephanie took a lot of time explaining a lot of the other details, that I feel like she ran out of pages and couldn't give us the big dramatic ending I was hoping for. Though, I am SO HAPPY that no one (important) had to die defending their family. I sobbed when Alice left and I sobbed when she came back, and I cried the hardest when Bella gave Renesme to Jacob and said her goodbyes. I couldn't even see the pages, and even now just writing this has me in tears again thinking about it.

I am so impressed with and loved this book. I overall am so happy with the outcome, and I can not wait to read it again. I know there are so many details that I missed reading it through the first time, and I'm sure that I'll enjoy it even more the 2nd and 3rd, and 4th... times too. Thank you Stephenie Meyers for such an amazing series. I love these books and it has me reading again, which I never thought would happen. These books are my fairytale world that give me a break from reality and keep me sane.

3 comments:

Mrs. Little Gray House said...

I loved it too. I also had a hard time with the Jacob Chapters. And I've read it twice and loved it more the 2nd time.

Lacey said...

I couldn't agree more..except I didn't cry because I was a little out of the Twilight loop because I hadn't read the last book for a year.

Marty and Emily said...

I'm with you on so many points! I know we've had our differences :) because of the times I wanted Bella to pick Jacob (even though I liked Edward better), but I couldn't bear her not being able to have babies, so I guess I can have my cake and eat it too, now! Also, the last few chapters - what a let down! I thought that was a lame way to end a very intense four book series, I'm with ya there. And I ALSO didn't like reading from Jacob's perspective. I didn't like the writing style. I know she was writing the way any normal teenage boy would talk, but it came across to me as lazy, hurry and get the story down for the deadline writing. All in all, I have to say this book was just a little too...weird for me. The imprinting, etc. I liked it a lot less than the others. Are we still friends? :) I love you, Christy! Please! :)