CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

July 2, 2008

You have to the count of 5...

So disciplining my children is always something that I have tried to be consistent with. If I tell them they're going to be in time out the next time they do something I've asked them not to do, I put them in time out. I think that my boys are starting to really understand that.

Last night, Kelly and I were trying to get the boys ready for bed. We kept having to ask them to come to us, so we could put their pajamas on them, and I was getting frustrated. So finally, I did my normal warning. "Get over here before I get to 5 or I am going to spank your bum." I of course start counting and they're testing me, but luckily for them, they reached me before I got to 5. Lucky them... or should I say lucky me?

Anyway, a few minutes after they were dressed, I hear Carter in the kitchen saying, "Kitty here" pointing his finger to the ground, "One, Two, Three!" Of course the kitty didn't come to him, so he starts chasing after her. Kelly and I were laughing so hard, as quietly as we could while still watching him. It was hilarious! I guess I know now that he understands.

No comments: