CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

September 7, 2008

Potty Training. . .

Oh my gosh! How in the world anyone potty trains their little ones is beyond me. Lately Carter has started taking off his diaper every time he poops, and then chucks it. Disgusting, to say the least. Well because of this, we thought they might be ready to start potty training. So I went and bought 70 pairs of underwear. Everyone that I talked to about it told me to buy enough underwear to last each of the boys one week. So at 5 accidents per day, per boy for 7 days in a week, I came up with the 70. Shocking I know! I usually do all my laundry one day a week though, so it does make sense to me. Anyway, the next day (August 28th) I got the boys out of bed and took them into the bathroom and had them sit on the potty. Neither of them went after sitting there for about 10 minutes, so I decided I'd go get their underwear and put them on them, and try again in 10 minutes. Well, I didn't even get back to the bathroom with the underwear before Carter had walked out into the hallway and peed on my floor. Ugh!! So I cleaned that up and put their underwear on. They thought it was fun, and they looked so cute and grown up in them. I set my timer for 15 minutes and took them back in when it went off. Carter dribbled a little and still nothing from Landon. So I re-set the timer and minutes later Landon came to me wet. After this one accident, it was all down hill. From the time they got out of bed around 8 in the morning, until 1 in the afternoon, we'd had a total of 13 accidents. Two of which were dirty ones... eewwww... grossss... sick! At that point I was done. I put them back in diapers, and pulled out the masking tape, and taped Carter's and Landon's diapers so they couldn't get to the tabs. We haven't tried potty training again, and I have no intentions until they are closer to age 3. And thankfully the tape has worked thus far. No more poo flinging in my house! Hooray! For those of you who have successfully potty trained your kids, my hat goes off to you. I don't even want to think about it again, though I know at some point I'll have to.

1 comment:

Diahan said...

I HATE potty training!! HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT!!!! It is hands down the very worst part of parenting.
But, having said that, this picture of your boys with their books is too cute- and I must admit, I love the little underwear bottoms.