CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

November 9, 2008

Yummy Fruit Salad

I had to make a fruit salad for Kelly's step-sister's farewell today. Shelley gave me this recipe and everyone loved it. I thought that you all might want to try it out too.

2 Small pkgs. Instant Vanilla Pudding
2 Cups Buttermilk
1 12 oz. Carton Regular Cool Whip, Not Lite
1 20 oz. Can Pineapple Chunks, drained
2 10 oz. Cans Mandarin Oranges, drained
2 - 3 Bananas, sliced
1/2 pkg. Fudge Striped Cookies, broken up

Mix pudding, buttermilk, and cool whip.
Add fruit.
Right before serving mix in the cookies.

So Simple, and very delicious! Try it out and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try, probably at Thanksgiving.

Marty and Emily said...

Christy!!!! sounds like an easy recipe right? I still managed to botch it. I made it a couple weeks ago, because...long story. ANYWAY, question. You're wording seems clearer than the one I had. I ended up preparing the pudding, and THEN adding the buttermilk and everything. Wrong, right? :) We made it with cut up snicker bars instead of cookies (my friend from high school showed me that - and we got the candy on an after-Halloween sale!). It was still fun, even though it turned out soupy. Later, Marty grabbed an un-cut snickers bar, and I was like, "Marty, don't! Save those for my students." And he took a bite anyway. I said, "MARTY!!!" And he was like, "What, I just wanted some more salad?" I laughed every half hour that day thinking about it!