CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 4, 2008

Bulimic Blogger

I am diagnosing myself as a "Bulimic Blogger." I came to this realization slowly over the past few months. Here is the criteria for diagnosing a person with Bulimia, and the similarities to my self diagnosis:
  • Recurrent episodes of binge eating. Eating, in a fixed period of time, an amount of food that is definitely larger than most people would eat under similar circumstances. A lack of control over eating during the episode.
    • Similarity: I store up, aka "binge," so many things that I want to post, either in my mind or on the computer over an extended period of time. That which, a normal person, would just post within a reasonable period of time.
  • Recurrent compensatory behavior, such as: self-induced vomiting.
    • Similarity: I purge, aka "vomit!" A ton of information all at one time. It's not uncommon for me to in one night post 2 - 3 weeks worth of stuff that's been going on in our lives. Plus add in a few tags, or something else. In doing so, it's impossible for anyone (myself included) to quickly check my blog and find out what's new.
Therefore, I feel as though my diagnosis of being a "Bulimic Blogger" seems to fit quite well. Are there any cures. Of course there are! Am I willing to cure myself? I am willing to, but the likely hood of that happening any time soon, doesn't seem to be in the near future. So until then... enjoy reading my "vomit."

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love this post! I read it twice and then read it to Trent. It is so dang funny!

Amy said...

You're so cute!! I love your bulimic blogging!