CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

December 3, 2008

Twilight

We're finally home, and my first order of business is my Twilight movie review.

To begin, I have to say that for days before going to see the movie, I kept telling myself over and over again that the movie would be the book, and I needed to keep that in mind. I think that I was a little worried that I was going to be disappointed, and I of course didn't want to be. So that was my way of preparing myself for it. Needless to say, all that prep was for nothing. I LOVED the movie!

There were some parts that I felt were a little cheesy, like "Hold on tight spider monkey" I've hated that ever since they showed it in the previews, but like I said before I knew it wouldn't be the book and I prepared myself for that. They included lots of details from the book, and at times it just didn't seem to transition smoothly to the next scene. There was never anything that I thought was horrible, it was just a little choppy here and there. Obviously things were left out, and new things added, and overall I thought that they did a great job in adapting from the book. I still felt the same emotions watching the movie as I always have reading the book. Some parts were even more intense. I personally think they did a great job.

I thought the cast was outstanding!
  • Robert played Edward incredibly... ahh... sigh... I could have watched the movie a thousand times over again!! And I'm sure I will. He was perfect!!
  • Kristen (who I was a little worried about) also was fantastic. I didn't know if she would end up pulling it off, but she did, and I have no complaints.
  • Jackson did an amazing job playing Jasper. He was so rigid and uncomfortable around Bella, it was great!
  • Nikki made Rosalie even colder than I thought she could be, that was a little surprising.
  • Ashley was a perfect Alice. I wish that they would have included her character just a little more.
  • Kellen I am convinced is Emmett. He looked the part and was exactly what I would have imagined him to be.
  • Esme was portrayed just as I would have imagined by Elizabeth. Super sweet and kind. She made me happy.
  • Peter made Carlisle even more dreamy than ever. I like others, was in awe when he first came on screen. He was excellent!
My favorite part of the movie, had to be the kiss. Wow! It was intense and amazing!! I know that sounds crazy, but seriously, it was that good. There were so many great parts of the movie, but that was my favorite. If you haven't seen it yet, (I might think you're a little crazy) trust me, prepare yourself for it.

Some other parts of the movie that I loved were:
  • Edward bringing Bella to meet the family. It was great, very funny!
  • The baseball scene. I thought the special effects were well done. And besides that... who wouldn't love watching Edward play baseball?!?!?
  • The ballet studio. It was intense and everything I imagined it would be. Bella was great in this scene and the action was perfect. I also loved the special effects they did in the studio as well.
I would absolutely recommend that you go and see the movie. Even if you didn't love the books, the movie was really well done, and I think that you'd enjoy it. I am a little biased so obviously I think that it's great, but go and see for yourself. I can't wait to go and see it again in the theater. I hope that I'll be able to convince Kelly to go with me, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

No comments: