CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 13, 2009

Grocery Shopping

Today I was really good and made a grocery list and cut out all my coupons so I could go grocery shopping. I had everything all planned out because I was going to have to do a couple of transactions in order to get the best deal. No problem right? WRONG!!! I get to the store and they are out of about 90% of the items on my list that I have coupons for. I was so frustrated. Not only then did I have to sit and re-figure everything out, but I had to deal with the boys in the grocery store as well. They were running and screaming through the store knocking things off shelves. It was a nightmare. Then to make things worse I forgot to give the cashier my coupons when I was paying for the second order. So I had to go and spend 15 more minutes at customer service getting that figured out. So from this I've learned, not to grocery shop with kids when it's a complicated transaction, and to have a back-up plan. Now I just hope that I will actually follow my own advice.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Let me guess...the Albertsons sale? If so, I tried to go the first day of the sale & the same thing happened to me. I decided it wasn't worth the effort to refigure my list, when they were sold out of most the things I wanted. SO FRUSTRATING!!! If they're going to have a huge sale, they should have enough stock to last the week of the sale IMO. Sorry to rant, but I can sympathize with you on this one.

Shelley said...

Wow I totally agree and sympathize

Marty and Emily said...

Wow, sounds really frustrating. Last week I did one of those annoying and complicated trips so I left Brynn home with Marty. Then we made this big mushy deal about missing each other and "I'll hurry!" and "I'll usually go during the day," bla bla. I have never had such a relaxing shopping trip in my whole life! Well, some of the coupons didn't work out for me either and stuff, but the frustration was so much more manageable without an emotional and wild toddler. I came home and said, "Sorry Marty, but I am NEVER taking Brynn with me AGAIN!" I have yet to be a pro-coupon-er like you, though. I'm still learning the ropes.

Erwin and Michelle said...

Wow, I'm sorry that stinks. I've had that happen before, and it's not fun. Let's hope for better days, and better shopping trips! {{HUGS}}