CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

January 2, 2009

Quick Update

Well the holidays have come and gone and I'll hopefully get a post up about them sometime soon. Life's been super busy with family and the holidays and we are doing well. All of us except for my Mom. She's been in the hospital since Tuesday (Dec. 30) and will be there for a few more days. She has something called endocronitis, which is inflammation and sores (ulcers) in the lining of the large intestine, or colon. She's been in extreme amounts of pain, and most of my time has been spent there trying in any way to help her stay comfortable. There isn't anything that they can do for it other than control her pain and give her IV fluids. She's not able to eat or drink, as it makes it worse. I know that many of you had asked, so I thought this would be the best way to let everyone know the details. Hopefully she'll make a speedy recovery, and life will get back to normal... whatever that is...

5 comments:

Shelley said...

I hope she gets better soon! Tell her I am thinking about her and let me know if you need anything!

Amy said...

I'm so sorry your Mom is sick! It's so hard when there's nothing you can do to make it better!

Hang in there!

Love you!

elonna said...

I am sorry to hear that your Mom is pretty sick. I wish you the best as you help her deal with this trial. Keep smiling. I hope you had a great Christmas! : )

Lacey said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she gets feeling better soon. It sounds horrible. BTW your family pictures turned out adorable. Who did them for you?

chris said...

Dear sweet Johnson Family,
I'm sorry for all you must be going through with the ill health of your mom. I happen to be going through something of a similar kind, which is how i found your blog. i typed in "endocronitis" in google's search bar and was led here. i happen to be lds as well. i wanted to share something that may be worth your while to check in to. i have found that endocronitis, may be caused by a severe bacterial infection and can be cured with a strong antibiotic therapy, sometimes in an iv form... i don't know if that will help i'm not a doctor, but my friend was treated for this and was healed. do a little search for bacterial infections, both systemic and lumenal and you'll find some educational info... also check out Dr. Mark Pimentel at Cedar-Sinai Hospital who is a leading researcher. i just wanted to help if possible. i wish someone had shared this with me earlier.