CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 5, 2009

All About My First Born

A friend of mine sent this to me in an email, and I wanted to blog it. I never wrote down anything while I was pregnant, and figured I'd at least have this to look back at.

1. Was your first pregnancy planned? Yes

2. Were you married at the time? Yes

3. What were your reactions? Excited! We found out on Kelly's birthday.

4. If trying, for how long? Over a year

5. How old were you? 26

6. How did you find out you were pregnant? We took a pregnancy test at home and then went and had some blood work done just to make sure. I was really sick with a sinus infection/cold and wanted to make sure I really was pregnant because of the meds I was taking at the time.

7. Who did you tell first? Kelly... it was his birthday after all!!

8. Did you want to find out the sex? Absolutely!

9. Due Date? 07/13/2006

10. Did you have morning sickness? Nope. I didn't have an appetite either. Nothing sounded good to me.

11. What did you crave? Oranges and Strawberry milkshakes from McDonnalds.

12. Who or what irritated you the most? I don't remember being irritated. I had a really good pregnancy.

13. What was your first child's sex? Boy and Boy -- Twins!

14. Did you wish that you had the opposite sex of what you were getting? No. Kelly and I both wanted to have a boy first.

15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? I lost 35 in the first trimester, and only gained back about 12 or 15.

16. Did you have a baby shower? Yes I had a few. I was so grateful!! We would have died. Buying 2 of everything really hurt financially.

17. Was it a surprise or did you know? About the shower(s)? I knew about them. About the Twins? NO... they were a complete shock. We found out at our 20 week ultrasound.

18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Yes. I had false labor once. Landon hardly ever moved and they were concerned about that. My Dr. ended up delivering the babies 5 weeks and 5 days early because Carter stopped growing.

19. Where did you give birth? American Fork, UT

20. How many hours were you in labor? None. I had a scheduled C-Section

21. Who drove you to the hospital? Kelly

22. Who watched you give birth? Kelly, My OB, Another OB from their practice, 6 or more nurses, and the anesthesiologist, I think that was everyone.

23. Was it natural or C-Section? C-Section, and I loved it. Until they gave me morphine afterward for pain. That is a nasty drug. I couldn't stop itching. It made me crazy!!

24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I had a spinal block for the C-Section and then afterward I did take medicine to control pain as well.

25. How much did your child weigh? Landon was 5 lbs. 7 oz. and Carter was 4 lbs. 8 oz.

26. When was your child actually born? 06/13/06

27. What name did you choose? Landon and Carter

28. How old is your first born today? They are 2 years and 9 months old.

29. What would you go back and change? I would have asked more questions once I knew they'd be taking the boys early. I wasn't prepared for them to be in the NICU for so long. I am grateful that they were, but I wish that I had been better prepared ahead of time.

Twin A is Landon
Twin B is Carter
I cried when we first saw this!
This was taken in the NICU when the boys were about 5 or 6 hours old.
Landon is the bigger baby in the front.
Carter is the smaller baby in the back.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Awwwwwwwww.....that is such a sweet picture of your boys!

miller family said...

I've never seen an ultrasound with twins - way cool!

Marty and Emily said...

I'm so glad I got to be a part of all of that unfolding! I remember the day you guys told us. We invited you over on a Sunday for soup in bread bowls and I'm pretty sure all four of us started crying. I remember when you came to show us the ultra-sound pics, and we put in our guesses of what it was. I did guess twins, but I guessed a boy and a girl. And I remember seeing them for the first time that day at the hospital! I threw up all the way to the hospital and all the way home, but I remember thinking it was sooooooo worth it! It was such a neat experience for me. And I remember that day Marty was mushy and gushy every time he saw his big brother, the new daddy, beaming from ear to ear. Give Landon and Carter and kiss from me and tell them Auntie Em loves and misses them!

Shelley said...

Who knew such cute little babies could turn into such big stinkers!

Jill said...

It's hard to believe they were ever that tiny. I remember holding them in the NICU & thinking how fragile they felt in my arms!! Kids grow up too fast!!