CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

February 3, 2010

A Quick Visit

Today was a fantastic day!  One of my best friends was in town and was able to spend almost an entire day with me.  We never get to see each other.  She lives in Texas, and I'm in UT obviously, and when we do get a chance to see each other it's usually for no more than an hour.  So imagine my excitement, when I got to spend an entire day with her and her darling kids.

What made it even more fun, was that she'd just had a baby boy, (Liam)  in December.  Oh my!  How I love him.  I only wish we lived closer so that Liam and Mason could be close friends.  Liam is about 2 1/2 months younger than Mason, and he's just as big as him.  CRAZY!  He's so skinny and long as long can be.  Mason is definitely chubbier though.

Landon and Carter loved playing with Alex.  She's almost 3 years older than them, but they love her.  They play so well together too.  They spent a lot of time reading books on the floor and playing with toys.  I love seeing them interact with each other.

They were able to stay and have dinner with us too.  Angela has a fantastic recipe for homemade alfredo sauce, so we cooked some fettuccine, and made the alfredo sauce.  We even sauteed some squash and zucchini and put it in with everything.  It was delicious!  Later I found out that I had the exact same recipe for the sauce, I'd just never tried to make it before.  Needless to say, it will be a family favorite for future dinners.  It was sooo yummy!

I hated saying goodbye to them.  We don't get to see each other nearly enough.  I hope that we'll be able to take a trip out to Texas one of these days and spend a good amount of time with them.  We love them so much!

No comments: