CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

November 4, 2008

Election Day

This election day was so much better than the one 4 years ago. Kelly stood in line outside in the freezing cold for like 2 or 3 hours waiting to vote. I remember waiting forever as well, but I voted in the daytime so my wait wasn't as cold.
This year was so much more organized and I didn't wait at all. I walked right in and went straight to a booth and it took all of 5 minutes. It couldn't have been any better than that.

Kelly was able to leave work a little early and went straight to the elementary school to vote. He only waited for 20 minutes this time and the wait was indoors, so he too had no complaints.
We're both very happy that we have the opportunity to vote and express our opinions. Even though they may or may not have been the winning ones, they are ours, freely expressed.

1 comment:

kamikae said...

You 2 must have gone at good times. I went before work and had to wait about 50 minutes. Not as bad as 4 years ago though, I agree! My kids came with me and Logan asked if I would please vote for him and for Miley Cyrus "because she's a real person". Then the next moring Dylan asked who won because he had fallen asleep and when I told him Logan said, "When is Obama going to take all of the guns"? I honesly have no idea where that came from. So funny!