CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

April 26, 2009

16 Week Dr. Appointment

Friday was my 16 week Dr. appointment. Kelly was able to meet me there thanks to his manager. Once she found out that I was pregnant she told Kelly that he needed to go to every one of my appointments with me, and that he could work from home before or after my appointments, depending on when they were scheduled.

The appointment was great. We met with Dr. Jones for just a few short minutes to discuss how things were going. I let him know that I was having a little cramping, and that I had some pain every now and again under my right rib, but other than that, things were great. He told me that the cramping was normal, just everything stretching, which I figured was the case. Then we talked about the pain under my rib. He said that it could be my gallbladder and that I could have some gallstones. If the pain persists, I'm supposed to let him know so he can do an ultrasound. I'm not at all worried about it, but it's good to know that he's not too concerned.

After we met with Dr. Jones his nurse came in to check for the heartbeat. She didn't do this when she first took me back into the exam room, because Kelly was running late. I knew that he'd want to hear the heartbeat. He loves to make the noise you hear. It's really annoying, but it's his favorite part of the checkups.

She had a hard time finding the baby's heartbeat, which made me a little nervous. She was having to push on my belly and move the wand around to find it. She was never really able to get a good reading, but we did hear it and it was about 160 beats per minute.

My next appointment is on May 13, and we'll get to find out what we're having! I'm really excited, it's only about two and a half weeks away!!

No comments: